Examples: We offer brief write-ups for each method describing a situation where the idea is used or implied. Use these supporting examples in order to expand your range of ideas. These examples are neither mutually exclusive nor collectively exhaustive.
We offer you both a short version and a long version of some of these segmentation concepts. We have enough examples of some of these concepts to expand the concept into more specific concepts with their examples. Use the short version to complete your innovation in less time. Use the long version for more in-depth brainstorming.
A Final customer buying from a product producer. The Final customer is the one who makes the final decision on what product to buy and from which supplier to buy it. Some Final customers purchase directly from the producer of a product.
Maintain Steps: Maintain steps include all activities required to keep the product in working order. These steps include the costs the customer incurs to diagnose and correct product problems.
- Physical: Segment customers by physical needs. These segmentations identify the physical needs of individual customers and address the physical situation of the locaiton where the product is purchased or used.
- Physical state of the individual customer: Segments of the general customer population may have different characteristics of sizes and of the ability or disability.
- Physical state of the location where the product is purchased or used.
- Emotional: Segment customers according to the personal emotional needs of the segment.
- Needs for comfort and status
- Needs to avoid sources of anxiety
- Risks in relationship: The customer segment needs reassurance it can trust. Short Examples>> Long Examples>>
- Limitations set by time: Segment customers according to the causes of the limitations set by time. Short Examples>> Long Examples>>
- Economic limitations: Segment customers according to the limitations set by their economic interests and concerns. Short Examples>> Long Examples>>
- Health limitations: Find customer segments with health problems or concerns. Short Examples>> Long Examples>>
- Intellectual: Segment customers on the basis of their current knowledge and understanding of the company and its products.
- Knowledge of company and company product
- Understanding how product works with other products. Examples>>
<<Return to Improve Segments/Innovation Ideas